Mayibuye Transport Corporation is a provincial public entity under the jurisdiction of the Department of Transport – Eastern Cape whose objective is to provide and maintains the highest possible standards in the provision of an effective, efficient and safe passenger transport service to the Eastern Cape communities on selected routes.
Applications are hereby invited for the position of:-
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER - FIVE YEAR PERFORMANCE BASED CONTRACT (SALARY PACKAGE BASED ON TOTAL COST TO COMPANY) SALARY NEGOTIABLE
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To provide strategic direction, vision and leadership in the development and execution of the MTC long-term strategy and objectives with a view to creating synergies within the Corporation and to serve as Accounting Officer in terms of the PFMA.
• Provision of strategic leadership within the context of the envisaged MTC Business model.
• Provision of strategy and policy guidance in respect of business planning processes in line with the Medium- term Expenditure Framework (MTEF).
• Develop and implement tactical operating and financial plans in line with the agreed Vision, Business Plan and strategic plan of the corporation to meet evolving transport markets and technologies.
• Management of the infrastructure of the Corporation in a manner that allows the MTC to realize its strategic goals.
• Develop and implement operational policies.
• Ensure proper allocation, management and optimization of resources.
• Support the Board in its primary responsibility of strategic planning & drive the development of appropriate financial strategies, policies and implementation plans in order to direct the Corporations resources to ensure long-term financial stability.
• Pro-actively shape the future of MTC and ensure its financial and operational sustainability.
• Building partnerships, interacting and maintaining sound relationships with highly diverse stakeholders.
• Create a framework for institutional transformation reform and related organisational imperatives.
• Report to the Board and providing the Board with the organisational information it needs for its governance responsibilities.
• Lead and motivate diverse staff within the context of participative management.
• The strategic development, adoption, implementation of and adherence to governance, risk and compliance frameworks
• Accountability for legal compliance against applicable statutory provision and for fiscal oversight.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• An MBA/MBL/MPA or Masters in Transport related qualification.
• Advanced Business and Industry Knowledge.
• 5 - 10 year’s relevant experience in an Executive Management level.
• Knowledge and understanding of Public Finance Management Act and Corporate Governance (King IV)
• Unendorsed driver’s license.
• A track record of decisive leadership, successfully taking organisations through challenging growth cycles, while maintaining a productive and positive relationship with customers, employees and shareholders.
• Excellent Stakeholder Management;
• Advanced reporting and presentation skills;
• Excellent facilitation and coordination skills.
• Ability to contribute to service delivery systems of a complex nature and to manage the achievement of MTC strategies and goals.
• The ability to support and implement good governance in the Corporation.
• Advanced project management skills.
• Resource Management.
Please forward the candidate’s CV, covering letter, certified copies of qualifications, ID and Driver’s license (not older than 6 months) to the Board Chairperson, For the attention of the Company Secretary Adv Unarine Tshikovhi at email@example.com by not later than close of business on 17 July 2020. Please consider your proposal as unsuccessful should you not be contacted within three months of the closing date.
For enquiries, contact the Company Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org / 066 383 4433
The Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and holds values and principles set out in the New Constitution of South Africa. Preference will be given to candidates who promote representation in terms of gender, race, disability and youth as guided by the Corporation’s Employment Equity Plan. Women applicants are encouraged to apply. Appointment will be subject to a compulsory pre-employment screening of qualifications, vetting and psychometric tests.
NB: THE CORPORATION RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO FILL THIS POSITION IF NO SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS FOUND